MICROBLADING AND PERMANENT MAKEUP
Before & After Care Instructions
Your before and aftercare is EXTREMELY important to follow, to ensure good retention of your strokes/shadow during your healing process.
BEFORE THE TREATMENT:
- You have to be off Accutane or any prescribed acne medications for 1 year. NO Exceptions!
- Do not take Aspirin, Fish Oil, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen or blood thinners, unless medically necessary, 72 hours prior to your procedure. Tylenol is fine.
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day before and of the procedure. This will minimize any oozing/bleeding or swelling after the procedure.
- If you are used to getting your brows tinted, do at least 1 week prior to the permanent makeup procedure.
- Do not tan or sun bathe 30 days before and after the procedure.
- If you get your eyebrows waxed, threaded, or tinted, please have this done at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled procedure. It is recommended to wait at least 14 days to have them waxed or threaded & 30 days for tinting after the procedure.
- Do not have any chemical peels, microdermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
- Wash your hair before the procedure
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHOWERING
You will want to limit the time you spend in the shower. Avoid using very hot water and creating steam. This will create unwanted moisture on the face. You can even cover your forehead and eyebrow area with a shower cap as you wash your body.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE
- Slight redness and/or discomfort may be present for the first two days. This will resolve itself.
- Wash eyebrows with gentle cleanser (we recommend Deluxe Brows Passion Care natural cleanser. Castile soap is a great option too) twice per day, tap dry and apply a thin layer of Healing Pomade. Make sure the water is safe, if not use distilled water.
- DO NOT apply any other kind of creams, ointments, liquids, cleansers, oils – only the recommended ones. We recommend using Deluxe Brows Healing Pomade.
- The day after your procedure, the color will appear darker as it begins healing.
- If you strictly follow your aftercare, you should have very minimal flaking, beginning around the 5th DO NOT pick, scratch, or peel off any skin, as this will pull pigment out.
- As your eyebrows heal, you will see the strokes widen, and the color will soften.
- Once flaking is complete, there will still be a nearly invisible layer of skin that will make your color appear faded. Within the first two weeks after flaking, you will notice some of the color coming back through as the skin continues to repair itself.
- Depending on skin type and proper aftercare, it is not unusual to see a few strokes fade or disappear from the skin.
- After your 45 day healing period, you can come back at any time to get your touch-up. The touch-up up is to go over the strokes again or replace any that may have disappeared. This is why the treatment is a two-step process. We will perfect and ensure the longevity of your procedure with your touch-up.
- Some people prefer to do it immediately after the first 45 days. Some do not feel the need to do it until months later. It depends on your healed results and personal preference. But 3 months should be the maximum amount of time before your touch up. You do not want them to fade excessively
- Your touch-up will ensure the longevity of your color and hair-strokes.
- Even after your brows are completely healed, it is still important to take care of them. Use proper SPF for sun exposure, avoid any harsh chemicals or abrasive treatments to the brow area, and continue using the recommended ointment (we recommend Deluxe Brows Healing Pomade) for continued aftercare.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS AFTER TREATMENT
- Use a fresh pillow case, and do not sleep on your face or eyebrows!
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring and will cause loss of color. Your flakes will gently fall off by themselves when they are ready to!
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks after treatment
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for at least one week. You can lightly exercise, but nothing that will cause overexertion or extreme sweating whatsoever. There will be a bigger risk of infection during first 3-4 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors. And once fully healed, be sure to protect your eyebrow with SPF. Any prolonged sun exposure will cause premature fading.
- Avoid taking long hot showers for the first 10 days. And when in the shower, avoid water completely on the eyebrow area. You will only be gently washing them in the AM and PM, outside of the shower, and without hot water.
- Avoid swimming, or any kind until your eyebrows have completely healed!
- Avoid applying any type of makeup to your brow area. Do not get any concealer, powder or anything on the area for at least 2 weeks.
- Keep your hands off of the area. No picking or scratching the treated area. (If you have any itching during healing, you may apply a small amount of Bactine.)
- DO NOT USE growth enhancement products such as Latisse, Revitabrow, Grande lash, one month prior and after treatment has fully healed as it may shift your color.
- Smoking WILL cause the pigment to fade prematurely and anesthetics will not last as long.